Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Weekly Deals Dec 31 - Jan 6 2014 and some CASEing

 I wanted to share with you some cool ideas from Stampin Up and some New Years Resolutions.

Continuing a Resolution

In January, I decided that one of my resolutions for the year would be to work on my Christmas gifts throughout the year (instead of driving myself crazy during the last three months).  I love to give hand-stamped cards. To me, they are the gift that keeps giving because they're meant to be given away to someone else.

My relatives have expressed a need for cards—sometimes more often than I can make them. My goal was to make enough cards to give everyone a stack they can use throughout the year.

Many of the cards I gave away this year were from kits that were left over from my monthly card class. Some were from other random creating sessions. I loved that I had a purpose for what I was creating and it was fun to see the box I was storing the cards in fill up as the year went on.



I purchased a couple of the Festive Flurry Ornament Kits and used them as the embellishments on each gift.



It was so fun to see everyone's reactions as they flipped through the cards. I feel as if the packs of cards were a huge success, so I'm going to make it a tradition.

Melody H.
Concept Artist

 Thank you so much for sharing Melody! I say this every year too and by George this year I am going to do it! Every left over kit is getting made and I will have lots to give out at Christmas. Another goal of mine is to send a birthday & anniversary card to everyone in my family, which includes cousins, 2nd cousins, aunts and uncles, etc and there are a lot of them on both sides of the family. Were talking at least 500 if not more, so guess what I am doing New Years Eve...That's right making cards. What are your plans or resolutions???? Post a comment and get a prize!

I also just had to post this blog from Stampin Up! I don't know about any of you but if any of you know of someone expecting babies this is such a great idea. I know I will be using it!

Baby’s First Year

The first year of life is pretty important to capture, right? Now I definitely don’t speak from experience with this subject at all, but I’m pretty sure there’s a trend of taking a photo with your baby and the same object in each photo to show the growth each month. So when my amazing co-worker, Lindsey Hortin, was pregnant with her son, Bennett, I came up with the Year of Infancy Stamp Brush Set. This is super easy to use with iron-on paper using an Ink Jet printer, or could even be used with an e-cutter. I love the simplicity and how easy it makes for a year of onesies!

Now, let me tell you a little about the Monthly Memories Baby Photobook. This is a super fun and simple book that captures the little things baby does each day—kind of a journal I guess you could say. I designed two different versions for the month names too, so you can choose cute or classy! This book makes for the perfect gift combined with the onesies for each month. Baby’s mom will be set to capture the moments every day and place a photo of the baby each month on that same spread.

A special thanks to Baby Bennett Hortin for posing for the photo!

How do you plan to use these two awesome downloads?

Jalise Hansen, Digital Product Designer

Monthly Memories Baby Photobook Templates (8" x 8")
(item 134760)
(NA, EU, SP)


Year of Infancy Stamp Brush Set
(item 136781)
(NA, EU, SP)
  

Thanks for sharing Jalise Hansen!!!

Weekly Deals

There is no better way to start a new year than with a discount on some great crafting supplies! We hope you enjoy this week's Weekly Deals. Not sure about you but there are several items here that I plan on picking up. How about you? Click here to place your order and receive a free gift with your order. Contact me for details.


Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies
Item # 129021

Regular Price: $26.95 US/$32.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $20.21 US/$24.71 CAN

Circle Collection Framelits Dies
Item # 130911

Regular Price: $26.95 US/$32.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $20.21 US/$24.71 CAN

Bermuda Bay Classic Pad Item #131171
Regular Price: $5.95 US/$7.25 CAN
Discounted Price: $4.46 US/$5.44 CAN

Silver Glimmer Paper Item #124005
Regular Price: $4.95 US/$5.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $3.71 US/$4.46 CAN

Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details
Item # 127845

Regular Price: $2.50 US/$3.25 CAN
Discounted Price: $1.88 US/$2.44 CAN

Fancy Fan Textured Embossing Folder
Item # 127751

Regular Price: $7.95 US/$9.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $5.96 US/$7.46 CAN

Smoky Slate Embossing Powder
Item # 129396

Regular Price: $4.75 US/$5.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $3.56 US/$4.46 CAN

Blue 3/8" Denim Jean Ribbon
Item # 125053

Regular Price: $6.95 US/$9.50 CAN
Discounted Price: $5.21 US/$7.13 CAN

Regals Core'dinations Item # 129955
Regular Price: $23.95 US/$29.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $17.96 US/$22.46 CAN

A Year in Review Photobook Template
Item # 125743

Regular Price: $24.95 US/$26.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $14.97 US/$16.17 CAN

0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin