Saturday, December 21, 2013

Stampin Up Tutorial #21... Santa's Letter

I am sorry for my delay in posting on my page. I have been super busy! I saw this Santa card on a blog last year and never got around to CASEing it. This year I wanted to send this card to my Nieces and Nephew as a letter from Santa. So I made them up and wanted to show them to you. They were a huge it with my Nieces and Nephews! Give it a try...Let's get started.

So I started with a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I cut it 4 1/4 x 11.
I then cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. I cut a piece of black cardstock 1/2 x 4 1/4 and I punched out with Silver glimmer paper a buckle.
The will want to score the Whisper White card stock at 3 5/8 & 7 1/4. You will want to fold it starting from the top - Valley and Mountain.
As you can see the bottom of the Whisper White I have run it through the big shot with the Elegant Embossing folder.
I used the Scallop punch and cut out two Whisper White pieces. One piece I cut in half for eye brows and the second one I put through the bigshot as the cotton ball on Santa's hat.

I then cut out a circle from skin colored card stock for the eyes and cut the circle in half. I used a paper punch for the black eyes. I used the 1/2 inch punch to cut out the red nose. To get the look behind the eyes and for his beard, I used the 4th largest Label framelit and cut one out of Whisper White cardstock. I think cut it in half and put one piece at a time in the Christmas embossing folder and put it through the bigshot.




I first lined up the top portion of the Whisper white card stock with the bottom of the Cherry cobbler cardstock. Then I glued one half of the embossed label on top of that, where the point is pointing up. Then I glued down the skin colored eyes to the top of the long whisper white. I used dimensionals behind the eyebrows to make them stick out above the eyes. I used tombow to glue down the black eyes and the cotton scallop punch on the hat. I then used double sided stick strip to glue down the beard. Very Important to make sure that the card can fold up before gluing the beard down other wise it might come up short.

And there you have it! A wonderful Christmas card or a letter from Santa! I hope you like it as much as I do. I had fun making this card. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from you. Until next time keep Stampin with Katherine. Click here for all your supplies.

0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin