Saturday, November 2, 2013

Stampin Up! Tutorial #17 - Pillow technique

Wow this year has flown bye and the holidays are just ahead of us. Sorry for my absence on my blog but I hope to keep it full of ideas for you for the up coming holiday season so stay tuned......
Today I am going to show you the pillow effect.. You can create this look is several ways. I choose to space the lines only a quarter inch apart but you could go half and inch. Let's get started and you will see what I mean...
I choose Summer Starfruit as my color of choice. You will need Whisper white card stock, a dauber and a piece of transparency sheet. I am using Summer Starfruit as my base, cut that to 5 1/2 by 8 1/2.



You will want to start at one corner to the opposite corner with the transparency sheet. Using your dauber ink it in the Summer Starfruit ink pad and brush across the top of the transparency sheet on to the paper all the way across from corner to corner.
 Continue to do this moving the transparency paper about a quarter of an inch down the paper.


 Now that you have the idea you can finish the whole page.
 Now you can turn the paper and go the other direction starting from corner to corner.
Once you are finished you can glue it to your Summer Starfruit card stock and embellish any way you like.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will come back to see what is next on my blog. Want to purchase the supplies I used, check out my website at http://katherinelepiane.stampinup.net and sign up for my newsletter and get all the supplies to start making some fantastic cards!!! Until next time keep Stampin With Katherine.

0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin