Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Technique Tuesday - Stampin Up! Tutorial #3

For today's technique I am going to teach you a technique called Stamping off or also know as Repetition stamping. This technique allows you to achieve different shades of one color, because you only ink the stamp once and then stamp the image several times to achieve lighter colors. This technique works best with bright bold colors and most often on light card stocks, like Whisper White and Very Vanilla.
Supply List:
Soft Suede Card stock - item #115318
Whisper White Card Stock - item #100730
Soft Suede Classic Stampin pad - item #126978
Feeling Sentimental stamp set - item # 129630 THIS STAMP SET IS FREE WITH A  $50 PURCHASE UNTIL MARCH 22ND.

To start things off, I cut a piece of Soft Suede card stock measuring 5 1/2 x 8. Fold it in half as your card base.
Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock

measuring 5 1/4 x 4. Next I used the feeling sentimental stamp set and Soft Suede ink pad to stamp my image.
When choosing your image,  a more solid image or thick lined stamp works best. You want to ink your image and stamp your image repeatedly without re-inking in the direction you want the motion to go.
I added a torn look to the Whisper White card stock to add a different look. I tor both the top and bottom of the card stock.
I then stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set in Soft Suede to finish the card. I adhered the Whisper White Card stock using snail adhesive to the Soft Suede card stock.
Here are a few other ideas you can do with this awesome technique. Have fun with it!


Have fun trying out this technique and until next time. Happy Stamping. Check out my website to get all the supplies you need to make this wonderful card. http://katherinelepiane.stampinup.net
Stampin with Katherine





 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin