Sunday, July 6, 2014

Stampin' Up! Sunday Technique

Sunday Technique, how to use a Brayer...

Happy Sunday everyone!!! I don't know about you but I love the Brayer and strive to get better every time I use it. So today I thought I would show you one way to use a Brayer.

Steps to using a Brayer....

1. I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock measuring 5 1/2"x7" , score at 3 1/2".
2. I put two large sticky post it notes on either side to get  a clean line. As you can see I have been playing around with it today.
3. You want to start off with your lightest color first. I am going with a sunset look so I choose to use Daffidol Delight as my first color. You ink up the the Brayer by rolling in several times in the Daffidol delight, to get good coverage on the Brayer roll it and lift up and off before rolling in the ink again. As you can see one side will be darker than the other as you roll it down the paper.
4. Next I went with the next darker color, Tangelo Twist. Repeat the same process as before.
5.  The last color I am going to use is Garden Green. I start from the bottom this time.
6. I turned the card to stamp my image at this point, for me it's easier to use the Brayer going horizontal.
7. Now you can stamp your image while it is still being masked to create your effect. My stamp does not go off the masked colored area but I wanted to show you the effect that would be created.

8. Now you can remove the masking sticky notes and stamp your sentiment.
This is so simple and complete a great look. These are the stamp sets that I used. Serene Silhouettes & Million & One.
This is how they look as a group
I love to play around and see what different looks I can come up with, so I wanted to show you a card I came up with. I received the inspiration by looking at cards on Pintrest.

Night time theme on the water, I just can't get enough of it. You will see more and more of these because I want to perfect the look. The second card I embossed the ship using Pewter powder.
I would love to hear your thoughts on today's technique and see what you have come up with.
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and I thank you for checking out my blog. You can email me your order or check out my website to get all your supplies.












0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin