Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Technique Tuesday... Stampin Up tutorial #9

Well it's another Tuesday and I hope it finds you all well! I want to teach you a technique called Herring Bone. You can create this look with your scraps and I love to use up scraps!!!!! I cut the strips about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch thick. So lets get started. I went with a masculine look on this card.

Stampin supplies:
 Early espresso card stock 8 1/2x11 - item # 119686
Cajun craze card stock 8 1/2 x 11 - item # 119684
Whisper White card stock 8 1/2 x 11 - item # 100730
Multipurpose adhesive sheets - item #120805
scrap pieces of DSP
Snail adhesive - item # 104332
labels collection framelits - item # 125598
Paper Piercing mat - item # 126199
Paper piercing tool - item # 126189
1/8" mini brads - item # 122941
Stampin Dimensionals - item #104430

To start you want to cut a piece of multipurpose adhesive sheet 4 x 5 1/4 and a piece of whisper white card stock 3 3/4 x 5. You want to take one side of the multipurpose adhesive sheet off and lay the whisper white card stock on top of that. Now you want to pull the other side of the multipurpose adhesive sheet off so you have a sticky side.

 Take your strips of paper and make two triangles on the sticky strip and then two triangles off the main two. Now you want to use the dsp paper in any order you would like and you want to use the legs off the main line. Follow the direction of that leg.






It give a great look as you can see! Now you can adhere this to the early espresso card stock as your base. Now to add the finishing touches.... I stamped the label on Cajun Craze card stock and using the big shot and the label framelit collection.

 I used Stazon on Jet black ink to stamp Happy Birthday.

 I wanted to give the label a distressed look, so I used the distressing tool on the edges to give it a worn leather look.
 I used the paper piercing mat, tool and mini brads to pierce the label. Adhere this to your card using stampin dimensionals.


 There you have it- a wonderful herringbone technique masculine card! I have posted below this card a sample of another look using a herringbone technique.



I hope you give this technique a try. If you have any questions please post a comment and I am happy to help you. Please stop by my website for all you Stampin Supplies. Happy stamping! http://katherinelepiane.stampinup.net

Stampin with Katherine

0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin