Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy Birthday...Stampin Up! Tutorial #11


Sorry for my absence on my blog, life seems to keep me busy. Hope all of you are well. We have so many changes coming up with Stampin Up! I hope excited. We are going to see a new catalog on June 1st. So make sure you check the retired list on my website to get those favorite stamp sets before they are gone. Today I want to show you a quick fun card and super cute for birthdays. Let's get started.....

 I am using Pool Party Card stock and cutting it 4 1/4x 11.
 Next you want to using your Simply Scored to score lines at 4 1/4 & 8 1/2

 Crease the folds so the long end folds up first and then the top.
 Now we are going to cut out a circle from the center top.

 To embellish the center circle that will stand up you will need a 2 1/2, 2 3/8 & 2 1/4, as shown below. They lay on top of each other glued together with snail.





 Now set that aside and we are going to run the top half of the card through the big shot using the polka dot embossing folder.
Now cut a piece of DSP(Designer Series Paper) to cover the bottom half. Measuring 4x4
Attach this to the bottom half of the Pool Party

 Next we want to glue the circles we created earlier to the top part of the DSP.



 Let's add a cup cake to the front to hold the flap down. I embossed a piece of Early Espresso to punch out the top part of the cupcake using the cupcake punch.



 I stamped the bottom cupcake liner on Whisper white card stock using Pool Party.
I glued the cup cake to the front using a stampin Dimensional.
I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock for the side.
Here is the finished product and several different looks of the same card.



I hope to hear your comments and don't forget to sign up for my newsletter.
Stampin with Katherine

http://www.stampinup.com/us/images/Demo_B1_THIS-AND-THAT_NA.jpg








0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin