Saturday, November 29, 2014

Christmas card surprise

Did you all have a great Thanksgiving?

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I spent the morning with my best friend and her family and for the rest of the day, my husband and I and our two sons enjoyed the making a meal together, putting up the Christmas tree and watching some football! My husband is a BIG Dallas cowboys fan, bummer we lost.
Did you do any black Friday shopping? I used to but people are to rude for my liking. I made cards instead and let me show you what I made.

Now before I show you this card let me tell you it was not my idea. I CASE'd it from DOstamping with Dawn - http://dostamping.typepad.com/. She posted this video in 2012.  Fabulous tutorial. I can see this card used for many more cards other than Christmas. Her video is listed here.

I have an upcoming December card class and wanted to do something special for those lovely ladies who support me all year long. Each one will receive is as a gift to them.
3-D light up Christmas card by Stampinwithkatherine.blogspot.com
3-D light up Christmas card by Stampinwithkatherine.blogspot.com

3-D light up Christmas card by Stampinwithkatherine.blogspot.com

3-D light up Christmas card by Stampinwithkatherine.blogspot.com

3-D light up Christmas card, lays flat to ship.  by Stampinwithkatherine.blogspot.com

3-D light up Christmas card, lays flat to ship. by Stampinwithkather
Don't you just love them! I sure do. The stamp set is retired as it was from the Holiday Catalog 2012 but you can use so many things. I could see a stamped fire in the vellum and the tea light behind it for the flame. Great idea for a kids birthday card.
As always, thank you for stopping by and I would love to hear your comments. Until next time keep Stampin With Katherine. Want to get started on this project? Email me your order or go to my website and let your fingers do the walking.

0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin