Sunday, April 6, 2014

Stampin' Up! Owl Punch Card

Happy Sunday to all you wonderful viewers! Thanks for stopping by today. I have been busy all weekend making cards. Today I wanted to show you how to make this cute card for someone who's expecting. This card is featuring the owl punch.

Owl punch picture tutorial....




  1. Here are the items you are going to need to make this gorgeous card.

    2. Here is a breakdown of each piece you will need. I used Early Espresso as my card base. It measures 4 1/4"x11. Fold in half. I used Primrose Petals cardstock to punch out the heart and scallop. I used Whisper White card stock for the base white piece as well as scalloped boarder. Primrose Petals DSP for more scalloped boarder pieces as well as the pinwheel. I used the Owl punch to punch out the owl base. I used the scallop punch to punch out a wing for my owl.
    3. Let's start to assemble the owl. I used mulitpurpose liquid glue to glue the eyes and vest on to the owl.
    4. Next I glued the two heart pieces to the ear as if it were a bow. Notice that I cut those hearts from the primrose Petals scallop piece since that part will be covered up. It's a great way to conserve your cardstock and get the most out of it.
    5. I then attached the the partial Early espresso wing to the owl with multipurpose liquid glue.
    6. Then I attached the PrimrosePetals scallop piece to the back of the owl. You will need to line it up with the wing so the part that you punched out for the hearts is covered up.
    7. Now set that gorgeous owl aside and let's get started on the front. Take the Early espresso base and fold it in half using the bone folder. Now you wanted to use your scallop punch and punch two pieces of Primrose Petals DSP and two pieces Whisper White measuring 1/2"x4 1/4".   Then you want to use multipurpose liquid glue and glue down the first Whisper White at the bottom.
 8. You will want to alternate the Primrose Petals DSP and Whisper White card stock on the front.
9. Now you want to leave a space between the scallops and the Whisper white base piece for your sentiment.
10. You want to place your last piece of Primrose petals DSP.
11. Now we want to place the owl on to the front of the card using multipurpose liquid glue.
12. You want to use the pinwheel framelit and the big shot to cut out the pinwheel using the Primrose Petals DSP. You will need a mini brad to hold the pinwheel in place.

13. To place the pinwheel on the card I used multipurpose liquid glue to glue the Primrose Petals card stock handle piece and then I used a glue dot to anchor it to the card.
14. I used baby prints clear stamp set and Primrose Petals ink pad to stamp the sentiment.
15. There you have it! A gorgeous card to give to anyone expecting. I know a few who are expecting this summer.

Supplies to make the Stampin' Up! Owl card

Thank you for stopping by today. Love to hear your comments on today's card. Please stop by my store to get all the items seen here or send me an email. Until next time keep Stampin With Katherine.






0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin