Monday, August 4, 2014

Water wash technique.....

Water wash technique

I saw a card on pintrest and I just had to CASE it. Let me tell you what CASE means - Copy And Share Everything! I put a few of my own spins on it and I wanted to share it with you so you can CASE it. So let's get started..

Instructions for Water Wash Technique

1. I started with Water color paper. I use water color paper because the water tends to make normal cardstock curl and it doesn't seem to hold up. I choose 3 colored markers that look good together, a embossing folder of choice and a spritzer bottle. I choose Lost Lagoon, Wild Wisabi &Perfect Plum makers.
2. First you want to take your markers and rub them all over the the inside of the embossing folder, you pick which side you want to have showing on your card stock. I used the fat side of the marker and got colorful.
 3. Next you take your spritzer and spray the folder, the markers will start to wash together. This is good but don't go to crazy or the design won't show up. About 2 to 3 sprays.
 4. Lay the watercolor  paper on top of the wet embossing folder and using your fingers rub the back of the paper so the other side is getting covered. When you pull it up, it should look something like this.
4. I set this piece aside to dry. Next we are going to make the flower for the front. I started with the blossom punch, Mixed bunch clear stamp set, Embossing glitter powder, Embossing heat and stick powder, Perfect Plum cardstock.& Perfect plum ink pad.

5. Let's make the flower. I stamped in Perfect Plum ink on Perfect Plum card stock. I punched out the flower and then I stamped the center piece in the same fashion but to get the sparkle I stamped it in versa mark on the card stock then I used heat and stick embossing powder, set it with the heat gun and then I used glitter powder and set again. Bling, Bling!
6. I used a dimensional to adhere the center to the flower.
7. I then curled the edges of the petals with the bone folder.

8. I used Lost Lagoon as the base of my card. Before I glued my water color paper to my card stock base, I used the Silver 1/8" Silver Ribbon in three equal lengths to give it a elegant look. I taped them in the center and then fanned them out and glued them to the back. I glued the flower above the center of the three ribbons that I gathered in the center.
9. I then used butterflies stamped in Lost Lagoon ink and punched that out with Elegant Butterfly.
10. I curled the wings with the bone folder and adhered it to the front of the card and your card is all finished. I wanted to show you how it looks with the ribbon together and spread out. I like both. I also decided to see how it would look with two flowers together.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you will subscribe to my blog and check me out on Facebook. If you are interested in any of the product here please feel free to email me your order or check out my website. Are you in the Missoula, Montana area and are interested in attending my classes please email me. Until next time, keep stampin with Katherine.



0 comments:

Paper Pumpkin